2007/10/24

Econoline Crush

from Econoline Crush myspace
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Mourning Paul

There was a moment just before the massive wave of sadness that I smiled. In that split second I was happy and proud that even in death Paul Raven went out on his own terms in a very rockstar fashion. A village in France...?? I am sure he is pleased, perhaps not with the timing but with the scene. I know those of us left behind are mourning the loss of a unique and wonderful human being. A character whose larger than life personality captivated us all. I was introduced to Paul Raven via a phone conversation regarding the lyrics to a Killing Joke song "psyche" back when we recorded the song for our first EP "purge". Paul was the bass player in KJ and I thought he might be able to help me with a few of the lyrics. We were friends from that point forward.
Everything I ever did with Paul was an adventure, and we went on plenty.I never would have survived LA if it wasn't for him. He made an insane city seem fun and exciting.
I don't know what to say or how to say it. I am going to miss my friend.

Econoline Crush myspace
http://www.myspace.com/econolinecrush