2007/10/23

The Mission UK

from The Mission UK website
Paul Vincent Raven R.I.P

Ministry/Killing Joke bassist Paul Raven passed away today Saturday 20th october, apparently from a heart attack. The cause of the attack is currently unknown. He had just arrived in Europe to commence recording with his friends Treponem Pal in Geneva.

Raven was the bass player for Killing Joke for many years, also Prong and most recently Ministry and his new project Mob Research with Mission guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite. He was a great friend to Mark and Wayne and a legendary bass player. We shall all miss Paul incredibly. Our condolences go to Paul's family and friends at this time.

Wayne: "Raven was one of the good guys. He became a good friend of Mick Brown first and then gradually I got to know him and we got on very well. He was always encouraging, loved music, talking about it and playing it. The last time I heard from him was a month or so ago. Ironically he emailed me to tell me that it was 'a very nice thing to do to post a news message on MWIS about the death of a fan (Ashira)'. He also went onto say that he loved the idea of the Shepherds Bush shows and was gonna try to get to at least one or two of them. I shall miss him. I liked him a lot."

Mark: "Although I'd known Paul for nearly 20 years, I had really gotten much closer to him as we started work on Mob Research this year. He was so excited about the future of the band and we hoped to have the record out by Spring 2008.. His enthusiam and determination to make things happen was infectious and I shall miss him greatly. His sense of humour was priceless and, both hailing from the same part of the midlands in England, we shared many a brummie and black country joke together.. the rock world has lost one of its most shining sons, may he have gone to a better place"

The Mission UK website
http://www.themissionuk.com/

also MOB RESEARCH myspace
http://www.myspace.com/mobresearch69