2007/10/25

Society 1



from Society 1 myspace blog:
Paul Raven was found dead yesterday from an apparent heart attack at his home in the Swiss border town of Geneva. He was 46. Raven played bass for Ministry, Prong, Society 1, Killing Joke, Godflesh along with his new band Mob Research.

"Paul Raven was the most stand up guy I ever had the pleasure to work with" stated Society 1 frontman Matt Zane. "The thing about Raven is that after working together he made an effort in the following years to stay in touch even if it was just to drop you a quick message to let you know he was keeping an eye on you. That was the coolest thing about him. He respected you and made it a point to let you know that. With everything he has done with his career he didn't have to stay in contact or even admit his involvement with me and my band but that's what separated him in my eyes from all the other musicians I've had dealings with over the years. I have the greatest respect for him. A great musician and a great person. I will truly miss him."

Paul Raven played bass on Society 1's "Exit Through Fear" and did a brief tour with the band in support of the album.

Society 1 myspace
http://www.myspace.com/society1music

also
BLABBERMOUTH.NET: SOCIETY 1 Frontman Comments On PAUL RAVEN's Passing